Monday, July 16, 2012

Reflection (Lesson One)

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands, but seeing with new eyes"
Marcel Proust

While my husband was driving home yesterday night after my class, I told him I was extremely tired.I have been using my brain and thinking very hard for the almost four hours during my first lesson on this module.  Although I was mentally exhausted, the class turned out to be lots of fun. For the first time, I saw creativity in Mathematics. I know it sounds rather odd but that's what I feel. The class started with a simple problem and everyone of us tried to use different methods to solve that problem. No right or wrong methods, is a free country afterall! (That's what Dr. Yeap like to say). The reasoning and communication that the class provided were creative. We discovered the various solutions to the problems. It was very insightful to me to see that how we can focus on the communicative aspect of Mathematics. I was totally absorbed in trying to solve those problems while at the same time I felt the excitment in the discovery alone as well as exploring together with the class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment